Service provider contracts were awarded in March 2011 to:
· National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCEPOD) for the Medical and Surgical programme
· National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Homicide (NCISH University of Manchester) for Mental Health programme
· Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health for the Child Health programme
No contract was awarded for the Maternal and Newborn programme as the funding stakeholders agreed to review the requirements of this programme of work.
An expert panel was appointed and the outcome and recommendations of the review can be viewed here:
Maternal and Newborn Health: Review Panel Report (Thursday 28 July 2011) (PDF)
Continuity of data for the maternal and newborn programme is important and data collectors should continue to collect maternal and perinatal mortality data which can be submitted through a secure portal.
If you wish to register to submit data or have any questions about the review process or the collection of maternal and perinatal mortality data please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Clinical Outcome Review Programme work is scheduled to be handed over to the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership on 01September 2011
· Announcing the Maternal and Newborn Clinical Outcome Review (Thursday 07 April 2011)
· Expert panel: confirmation of membership (Friday 06 May 2011)
· The importance of the continuation of data collection and reporting (Announcement in The Week, Thursday 07 July 2011) (PDF)
Head Injury in Children project
This work is currently under review by the Department of Health